Sunday, June 28, 2009

The days are evil.

I've felt really lazy lately which is ironic because I'm having the busiest summer. And it's not all work either, there is a little time for play, yet I still feel like I'm not using my time wisely and God has been burdening my heart to pray over my time that I would use it more wisely for His kingdom.

Sooo much free time...but still when I'm in the midst of it I feel like I have no time at all. My laziness is the root of the feeling that I have no time.
I love it when I realize the Lord is teaching me a lesson; when He exposes my sin and forces me to repent of it. I just wish it didn't take me so long to figure it out. I can be so dense sometimes! But it's still so good and gracious of Him to love me through my sin and continue His work of perfecting me. God has been bringing me to His word and using other individuals to speak truth about this topic, this sin of mine that is laziness. I've been meditating on Ephesians 5:15 - 17, "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do no be foolish but understand what the will of the Lord is." I've come to learn that wisdom is skillful living. Knowing God's perspective about things and keeping in mind His priorities so that He can accomplish His ends through me. The days are evil and the enemy makes us believe that we have an infinite number of them on this earth. Even though I know in my head this isn't so, my behavior reflects otherwise. My laziness shows that I don't believe my time on this earth is limited, that my life is a vapor.

Lord continue to remind me my days are limited and help me get off my rear end and not waste a second of your time!

No comments: